Story of Refuge and the Maquignaz family Refuge Oriondé Cervinia
The "Refuge Oriondé Duca degli Abruzzi" (2885 m.) was built in the early years of the twentieth century by the guide Aimé Maquignaz.
The Refuge Oriondé is currently owned by the Oriondé Company, consisting of the Family Maquignaz Breuil-Cervinia.
The Chalet is dedicated to Luigi Amedeo of Savoy-Aosta (1873-1933), Duke of the Abruzzi, italian mountaineer and explorer. Opened in the presence of HRH the Duke of Abruzzi in 1929,it has been renovated several times. After a long period of closure, due to complex renovations and modernization, was reopened July 21st 2012.
Link to the Web Site: www.rifugiorionde.it